The Security Committee has voted in the following accordance:
- The member-states have voted to support the reunification of the Korean Peninsula with the South Korean administration taking a leadership role regarding the power vacuum that has been created by Kim Jong Un’s death. 11 in favour/1 abstaining.
- Russia has indicated that they will not oppose the reunification militarily despite abstaining from it.
- China supports the reunification along ethnicity lines.
- The nuclear weapons will be destroyed safely and in accordance with international regulations and oversight.
- US will maintain bases in reunified Korea.
- France, Germany, and the United States will offer aid to reunified Korea.
With 11 votes in favour, and 1 against, the security committee voted to support the JCPOA. Particularly, the United States ahead of the May 12 deadline. Russia was the only dissenting vote.